A car crash can be one of the scariest experiences in a person’s life, and rarely do folks come out unscathed, even in “fender benders.” Even after the accident, the insurance companies that you deal with can be equally as scary. All the while, you may have doctors’ and hospital bills piling up. There is no question that the process can seem overwhelming.
Wolfe Law Group is here to help navigate you through this difficult situation. Our attorney has experience fighting auto insurance companies to obtain justice for clients.
What should you do if you have been involved in a car crash?
- Move to safety.
- Do not admit fault.
- Gather as much information as possible. Take photos of the scene of the collision, your car, the other driver’s car, and anything else you believe may have contributed to the collision.
- Find out if there were any witnesses.
- Do not brush off any pain or discomfort you may be experiencing. Seek medical care immediately if necessary.
- Do not give a recorded statement to any insurance company.
- Make sure to get the contact information of the police officer who responds to the accident scene, as well as a copy of the crash report.