(404) 348-0884

Muerte injusta

Contact Our Atlanta Wrongful Death Attorney

The experience of the death of a loved one is one of the toughest things a family can face.  When the death of a loved one was wrongful, due to the negligence of another person, or a company, the tragedy can be even tougher to face.

Who can bring an action for wrongful death in Georgia?

O.C.G.A. §51-4-2 provides that the surviving spouse of a person may bring an action for the wrongful death of the other spouse. If the decedent had no spouse, the child (or children) of the decedent is the proper person to pursue a claim. If the surviving child is a minor, an adult representative of the child is appointed to pursue the action in the child’s name. The fact that a child may have been born out of wedlock does not eliminate the child’s right to share in any proceeds recovered from settlement or verdict.
If the decedent is survived by a spouse and children, all such people share in the recovery. However, the surviving spouse receives no less than 1/3 of the settlement proceeds. 

Practice Areas
Need help?

Contact us today for a free consultation and our experts will help you.

Phone: 1-800-000-111
Email: contact@example.com

Mon – Fri: 09:00 -17:00

Contact Us

Call an Atlanta wrongful death attorney

At Wolfe Law Group, LLC today to find out your rights. (404) 348-0884.